Mergers & Acquisitions lawyers in Spain
Mariscal Abogados has broad experience in setting up and carrying out merger transactions, includingtransactions with trans-border or international elements (involving Spain) as well as with the sale and purchase of shares/participations, branches of activity, and assets. In particular, Mariscal Abogados has handled cases involving joint-investment transactions with restructurings and reorganizations of business groups.
Our legal team advises on all stages of a merger or acquisition transaction – from the drafting of contracts to the close of the transaction. Likewise, our team serves its international clients by undertaking the due-diligence process including preparing reports and conducting comprehensive investigations into potential to-be acquired Spanish companies. We also investigate the legal status of potential business partners in Spain.
Our team counsels on transactions in regulated sectors such as the energy sector. We cover all aspects of these transactions, such as:
- Acquisitions of all types of private companies through purchases, mergers, and capital increases;
- Turnarounds, restructurings, and investments in companies in financial difficulties (distressed mergers and acquisitions);
- Investments at any stage of a company’s life;
- Corporate and group restructurings;
- Leveraged buy-outs (“LBOs”), management buy-outs (“MBOs”), and management buy-ins (“MBIs”);
- Board secretary services;
- Sales to industrial companies and venture capital firms;
- Alternative divestment strategies including recapitalisations and other means of capital restructuring.