Energy law in Spain is part of a complex legal framework that foresees major challenges for the sector in the coming years. Energy policy, the constant change in legal regulation, emission reduction targets, the mandatory introduction of clean energy or climate change are just some of the major questions facing energy companies from a legal perspective.
At Mariscal & Abogados, aware of this problem, we offer our clients comprehensive and effective legal advice in the field of energy law in Spain.
Pioneers in the Energy Sector
Since our foundation, we have placed special emphasis on the relevance that the energy sector has had, has and will continue to have in Spain. Over the years we have accumulated extensive experience and successfully implemented various projects of great impact nationally and internationally. Currently, this specialization allows us to be leaders in this branch of activity.
Our team of energy law lawyers provides legal advice on all types of transactions related to this sector. We pay special attention to renewable energy projects in Spain, whether in the field of wind energy, solar energy or biomass energy, or in the field of geothermal or hydroelectric energy, among others.
Legal Services in Energy Law
We offer legal services both nationally and internationally, attending to the needs and turnover of our clients and accompanying them in all stages of their energy projects in Spain.
Our services include, among others, advice in the following fields:
- Real estate: acquisition of ownership of land, contracts for the transfer of surface rights and leases, easements and any other form of property acquisition
- Contractual: Engineering, Procurement and Construction (EPC or turnkey contracts), maintenance agreements, supply agreements, power purchase agreements, etc.
- Project finance: loan contracts, credit contracts, guarantee contracts, etc.
On the other hand, our energy law lawyers rely on a multidisciplinary team of lawyers in the office in order to guarantee our integral service of legal advice. This, in effect, allows us to cover all of the needs of our clientele with maximum efficiency in order to contribute to the successful completion of their energy projects in Spain. We note the following:
On the other hand, our energy lawyers have the support of a multidisciplinary team of lawyers to ensure a comprehensive legal advice service. This allows us to cover all the needs of our clients with the maximum efficiency to contribute to the successful completion of their energy projects in Spain. We stand out:
- Tax advice
- Distribution and marketing
- Dispute resolution -litigation, mediation and arbitration-
- Intellectual property
- Licensing and administrative procedures
- Employement adn Labour issues