Spain’s administration and the public regime are known for their bureaucracy and extension, which is why seeking advice early on when dealing with the Spanish public administration is crucial for the success of foreign investors.
Our extensive experience in public law enables us to provide expert legal advice in all transactions involving public administration, including:
- Advising on public procurement regulations: Guiding clients on the various legal and regulatory requirements governing public procurement in Spain, including EU procurement law and national and regional regulations.
- Bidding strategy: Advising clients on how to approach and participate in tendering procedures, including identifying potential opportunities, analyzing the market, assessing risks and benefits, and developing a competitive bidding strategy.
- Public Contracts: Assisting clients in negotiating (when possible) and executing public contracts, ensuring compliance with legal and regulatory requirements, and minimizing risks associated with the project.
- Reviewing administrative and technical clauses in procurement contracts
- Monitoring developments in the legislative and regulatory Spanish landscape
- Dispute resolution: Assisting in resolving disputes that may arise during a public project or procurement process, including dispute resolution mechanisms such as arbitration, mediation, or litigation, as well as administrative or judicial proceedings when necessary
- Due diligence and compliance: Conducting due diligence on the legal aspects of public projects, ensuring compliance with relevant regulations, and identifying potential risks and liabilities.
- Investment solutions and funding arrangements: identifying potential sources of financing and developing effective and cost-efficient financing strategies.