Achieving success through investment requires maximizing your return, and that is where we can help. Our team of tax specialists provides expert advice to medium and large companies, private equity and venture capital funds, majority shareholders of large companies, and family offices to ensure a tax-efficient structure in Spain.
We offer a wide range of comprehensive tax services, including:
We provide ongoing national and international tax advice to companies or groups of companies from different sectors on the tax implications of their day-to-day operations and their compliance with their direct and indirect tax obligations.
We also advise on the tax aspects of the different transactions, investments, and business carried out in Spain by national and foreign companies: corporate reorganizations (M&A transactions or joint ventures), financing schemes and real estate operations.
- Providing advice on the tax implications of different corporate structures, such as partnerships, limited liability companies, and corporations.
- Developing tax-efficient structures for mergers, acquisitions or other corporate reorganizations and other advice concerning transactions, including tax due diligence services.
- Advising on cross-border tax issues and tax treaties to avoid double taxation.
- Offering guidance on international tax transactions, such as dividends, interests, royalties, technical assistance, digital services, and the potential configuration of a Permanent Establishment.
- Assisting with tax compliance and reporting obligations, including filing tax returns and advising on tax incentives and exemptions available, including research and development (R&D) tax credits and investment incentives.
- Assistance in tax audits.
- Representing clients in tax disputes and litigation.
The growing internationalization processes of companies entail an increase in intra-group operations, requiring the alignment of their policies with the new approaches to international taxation, mainly regarding Transfer Pricing.
- Conducting transfer pricing analysis to anticipate the identification of potential risks when performing intercompany transactions.
- Developing transfer pricing policies consistent with the arm’s length principle and OECD standards.
- Drafting intercompany agreements and other documentation to support transfer pricing policies.
- Assisting with reporting obligations related to transfer pricing at a group level “Master file” and for the local entities “Local file”, ensuring compliance with local tax regulations and international guidelines.
- Represent clients in transfer pricing audits, investigations, and disputes with tax authorities.
- Offering training and support to help clients understand and implement transfer pricing policies.
At Mariscal & Abogados, we deliver agile, efficient, and high-quality tax services to our clients, helping them to maximize their investment returns.